Monday, October 11, 2010

Balance

Finding answers to your questions is like a chemistry experiment. You find the exact measurements and ingredients and POOF you get your solution.  However, if you don't know exactly what you are doing-one little extra shake of that or one little pinch of this, and BOOM up in smoke!  What I am finding about looking for answers is it can get obsessive.  I've been obsessed and I think that's also a way of getting distracted from the truth.  There is so much information, I think I just need to get focused, study, pray, and receive answers through prayer for my own questions.  This concept isn't new to me but for some reason its been harder than looking elsewhere for answers. 
Talking to my sister Katie always brings me back to earth (until I get obsessive again).  She always reminds me that everything will be ok.  I may not get all my answers but I need to be ok with that. 
I don't know how homosexuality fits into God's plan-half the time I don't know how I fit into His plan.  Regardless of my ignorance, I know how I want to be treated and how I should treat others.  Tolerance, respect, trust and love.  Who wouldn't want these exchanged?  I know the right balance of all of these ingredients can change hearts and minds-I like that plan!

4 comments:

  1. You are so right, study, prayer, and waiting for prayerful answers will bring you peace and the answers. It is hard to wait, though...but I know the answers will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes feeling so passionate about something that it becomes obsessive is having your heart and mind so open that when truth is revealed, you are ready to accept it regardless of popularity or the reaction of others to it. You are just so relieved you know now, you don't care how anyone else reacts. That's when you know you want to know truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your obsession is important! Things can really happen when people have a fire inside them, and you might just need to learn how to harness that passion and make it a tool as opposed to an obstacle. (And when you figure out how to do that, let me know!)

    I believe you will get to that place where it all clicks, and even if you don't have your questions answered you'll just know what this passion is meant to do in your life and how it will affect others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Left a little something for you on The Hermit Empire. I hope it applies.

    ReplyDelete